Thursday 3 December 2015

How to set an acrylic wig with rollers and steam/ assessment prep

In this lesson we had to prepare our wigs for our historical assessment. As they were acyclic wigs they are not allowed strong heat on them so we had to steam them instead. First of all I had to trim my wig as it was very long wig and I was sure the curl would not hold properly. So with help from Lottie and a quick crash course in hair cutting, I cut about 4 inches off the wig. As I had never really cut hair before I was very happy with how it turned out. After cutting the wig it was time to part it and It had to be quite a drastic parting, as I had a front lace wig this was helpful when changing the parting of the wig as it seem more natural. 

Once I had sorted the parting out it was then onto placing the rollers into place and this required the front to have big rollers to create height and volume, I sectioned the front and did this. 
Then moving onto the rest of the hair, it was rollers being put in side ways instead of rolled under this was because I didn't want volume but curl. I used different sizes of rollers to create the curls because then they would look messier and more uniform, I also changed direction of them as well so they didn't look as neat. 

After it was set it was then time to steam, this is the easy bit. All we had to do was make sure each curl was steamed and wet, I went over my entire wig with two pots of steam to make sure it was saturated properly and that the hair would curl in time before the assessment. 





During setting.



After steaming.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment