Sunday 22 November 2015

1980's Big Hair

In this weeks practical lesson we looked at styling 80's hair. We did two different techniques of brushed out curls using a big barrelled tong and then scrunching.

First Look - Big Curls
  • I began by sectioning the hair and prepping it by brushing it out making sure that there was no knots or tangles.
  • Using a tong, I then started from the top in a brick work style curling it down and pinning it in to place to allow it to cool.
  • This is then dressed out with a paddle brush to create a voluminous look. We only did this to half of the head as we were going to scrunch the other half.
  • Here is some pictures of the looks we had to create.




Second Look - Scrunching

  • For this look we had to firstly wet the hair and apply lashings of strong hold mousse. 
  • We then used a diffuser attachment and blow dried the hair to create a scrunched look, I loved the look of this.
  • We then finished with hairspray.
  • Here are some pictures of the look.




Once we had done the scrunching technique, we were asked to add hair accessories to complete this 80's look. I used a piece of red material and created a big bow. I used images of Madonna for ideas and inspiration.




After this we were asked to create one final look..



This was an up do, we went created a pulled back look, this could also be achieved with a banana clip, an accessories that was used frequently in the 80's.

I really enjoyed learning this era, it was fun and I think I will research further and see if this will be something I use in my final designs and assessment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment